Everyone loves cookies. Everyone Loves Bacon. Everyone would love Bacon Cookies, and they will after they try these. Next time you go to a Holiday Party and are unsure what to bring, refer to our Bacon Cookie Recipe. The great thing about Bacon Cookies is that they can be mass produced easily so if you are hosting a lot of people, then Bacon cookies are the way to go about your business. Going to meet your Girlfriend's parents? Nothing says "You should be happy your daughter found someone so special" more than Bacon Cookies.
- 5 slices Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (Again with the all-purpose thing)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Chocolate chips (Optional)
- Fry Bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels, and cool completely. (Yeah you should know that by now, just makin Bacon)
- Into a large mixing bowl, place the flour, butter or margarine, egg, salt, and heavy cream. Using the mixer's hook attachment, mix the contents of the bowl together until combined; then transfer the dough to the counter, and quickly mix with your hands. Knead in cooled Bacon pieces and pepper.
- Roll up the dough into a log, to a diameter of about 1 1/2 inches. Wrap in aluminum foil, and refrigerate for 2 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (Probably should of done this first, oops).
- Remove foil, cut dough roll into slices, and place slices on greased baking sheet. Brush each slice with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until brown. Remove to a wire rack until cooled completely.
- Welcome to Bacon Cookie heaven.